Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Got My Dose of Project Runway

After Anya Ayoung’s victory for season 9, I was bummed because I needed to wait for another season. Another season, meaning months of waiting! But I heard Project Runway will have a spin-off. So, Project Runway All Stars came about. While watching teasers for the newest season, I saw some promising designers that I was rooting for, for the previous season like Mondo Guerra and Mila Hermanovsky. I was hoping for Maya Luz to be part of the season since her decision to drop out of the competition during her season. But maybe she will grace the next season of All Stars.


A big dismay for me was Tim Gunn’s exclusion to the latest season! Joanna Coles meanwhile filled in for Gunn’s shoes as the mentor to the All Stars. I just miss Tim Gunn’s presence on the show but Joanna also did an amazing job in guiding the designers do their A game. I was thrilled to see the gorgeous Georgina Chapman, the co-founder of Marchesa. Isaac Mizrahi was a host in Bravo TV’s The Fashion Show and I was a bit  intrigued to see him on the show as a juror. Moreover, the hosting stint was taken over by the equally beautiful supermodel, Angela Lindvall. In the end, I get it that all the judges and the mentor started with a clean slate since this is not just a new season but an All Stars season.


At large, the season really took a notch higher via tough and grueling challenges. One of which is a Project Runway first, the 6-hour challenge given by THE Diane Von Fursternburg, CFDA President and the queen of RTW. A half a million dollars worth of prizes awaits the winning designer. I was on Mondo’s team since the first day and gladly he became the victor of the very first season of Project Runway All Stars. I can’t wait for the next season!





[caption id="attachment_732" align="aligncenter" width="490"] One of the best looks I have seen from Mondo Guerra.[/caption]

Photo credits from mylifetime.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Anything Under Kenny